The Visual Merchant will be responsible for creating compelling in store merchandise presentations and communications for Nixon retail that directly support sales strategies that drive sell thru. This person will be an integral part of the Nixon retail team, helping to create an insane retail presence for the brand through outstanding visual merchandising, the design and creation of fixture packages and branding and marketing assets to create and define the Nixon retail experience globally.
The Visual Merchant will be looked to for leadership and management of the visual communication process through cross functional partners such as Marketing, Logistics, Creative Services, and Product, Sales and Merchandising teams. In addition, this person will also work with our international offices to develop regional custom communications.
- Ability to have a global point of view on fixture and customization implementation
- Management of design and fixture development for project that ensure brand standards are met
- Ability to propose resolutions to project specific issues that arise through an ability to think innovatively
- Demonstrative ability to generate architectural design concepts, space planning, fixture and special element design while coordinating with a broad vendor of vendors and business partners
- Monitor, adjust and deliver upon a timeline and project timeline while ensuring that scope changes are included in cost projections in a timely manner
- Ability to manage fixture design rollout and implementation schedule
- Participate in special projects as needed such as new store openings, pop up stores, store walk throughs, field training, brand special events and other one-off projects as needed
- Effectively communicate with sales rep team, in addition to retail store leadership, to optimize their visual presentations.
- Ability to develop a tactical and financial plan that supports a sales, product & marketing go to market strategy.
- Ability to consistently perform against project management, vendor management, budget and timeline targets
- 5 years in a visual, store merchandising, or space planning role
- Strong analytical, planning, forecasting, and financial skills
- Proven budget management skill set managing, annual, seasonal and monthly projects
- Thought leader and collaborator with a demonstrated ability to influence sr. management and peers
- Best in class Project Management skills
- Specific experience with visual design software(Photoshop, illustrator, InDesign, Microsoft Office, AutoCAD etc)
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of organization.
- University degree preferred
- Knowledge of the board sport lifestyle, personal electronics or fashion industry