Nixon is seeking a highly organized and motivated individual to lead global communications for the brand. Qualified candidates will have an understanding of the action sports and fashion communities as well as excellent writing skills, in depth knowledge of the media landscape, and a collaborative work ethic. The Global Communications Manager will plan, implement, and communicate seasonal PR direction and will work in conjunction with Nixon’s subsidiary offices and distributors to ensure a consistent brand message.
The Global Communications Manager will have detailed and strategic planning skills and will primarily be focused on product PR and will work closely with Nixon’s marketing calendar to ensure successful key story/product launches.
Previous press, copywriting, and product launch experience is required. Agency management experience is a plus. Those without previous press experiences will not be considered.
- Oversee seasonal product launches, special events and SMU products that will result in editorial exposure.
- Build seasonal product focus calendars and execute against those timelines.
- Manage the PR department calendar to ensure that all projects are completed on time for the most effective editorial results.
- Seasonally present the Nixon line to editors in key markets and at tradeshows.
- Responsible for Nixon product and brand awareness through editorial product placement.
- Record and archive all Nixon editorial coverage.
- Develop and maintain regional and national media relationships
- Pro-active media relations to promote new launches and existing products in accordance with public relations strategies.
- Create PR activity calendars key products, marketing messages
- Lead creative development of PR initiatives including press materials and/or outreach for seasonal and special occasion opportunities.
- Manage and maintain the media contact database.
- Maintain clip library and postings to internal sites for internal viewing.
- Press kit development.
- Coordinate with digital marketing for on-line initiatives.
- Coordinate with inside creative teams and outside vendors for production of PR collateral.
- Maintain PR budgets.
- Deliver quarterly/yearly PR reports to marketing on each brand launch or PR initiative.
- Drafts and coordinates relevant PR materials, including press releases, pitches.
- Leads global PR efforts, works closely with global offices to ensure consistent messaging
- College degree Bachelor’s Degree: (Marketing, Communications or Public Relations preferred) and a minimum 7+ years experience in public relations
- Excellent writing skills.
- Team player, advance organization skills, attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of major projects.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong relationships with long lead editors at top national magazines, top tier regional print and digital editors.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment while meeting deadlines
- Work and writing samples will be required upon request