Mission Help Center
Requirements, Compatibility and Setup
Mission requires a mobile device running Android 4.3+ or iOS 8.2+. Supported features may vary between platforms. Please visit g.co/wearcheck on your Android phone or iPhone® to see if it’s compatible.
You can pair your watch with an Android tablet, but a phone is recommended. Pairing with an iPad is not supported.
NOTE: the Mission App, Mission Pro watch face, and surf and snow data require an Android phone and are not currently compatile with iOS.
While the Mission and Android Wear are iOS compatible, the surf and snow forecast functionality is currently only available on Android. We are actively working on expanding features for future updates. When paired with an iPhone, the Mission enables you to:
- Music Control
- Tell time and see the date
- Change your watch face
- Get messages and notifications of incoming phone calls, texts, emails, and calendar events
- See helpful info at a glance: check your schedule, track packages, get traffic info, check flight or hotel reservations, check the weather, and view reminders
- Search and do a variety of tasks on your watch using your voice. Just say “Ok Google” or touch the watch face to ask questions or get things done
- Track your fitness and set goals with built in fitness tracking
- Trace Surf
- Trace Snow
More functions will be offered with Android Wear 2.0, coming soon.
See more here: https://support.google.com/androidwear/answer/6281456?hl=en
Android Wear 2.0 is not currently available. When it is, The Mission will receive an automatic over-the-air update to Android Wear 2.0.
- DOWNLOAD: Begin by downloading and installing the Android Wear App and Mission App on your phone from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- CHARGE: Lay the watch flat on the charging dock so the pins on the case back align with the pins on the dock. It will connect magnetically. Plug the USB side of the charging dock into a power source. Once the watch has enough power, it will turn on and begin the startup process automatically. Or watch the how-to video.
- PAIR: Follow the instructions on the watch screen to pair The Mission with your phone. Once paired, follow the tutorial on The Mission to walk you through setup, functions, and features. Or watch the how-to video.
IMPORTANT: make sure the MicLock™ is in the closed position before exposing The Mission to any liquid or moisture. Failure to do so may result in permanent damage to your smartwatch.
Register your Mission smartwatch to keep track of your collection and get quick support from our service team.
Pairing and Connectivity
Your watch may be paired with your phone, but if you see the broken cloud at the top of your watch, they aren’t connected.
On your phone, you’ll see a list of nearby devices. You can check the name of your watch on its screen.
- Touch your watch’s name.
- You’ll see a pairing code on your phone and watch. Make sure the codes match. If your phone is already paired to another watch, you won't see a pairing code. Instead, touch the triangle next to a watch's name in the upper left hand corner. Then touch Pair with a new watch and continue to follow the steps.
- Touch Pair on your phone. You'll see a confirmation message once your watch is paired. This can take a few minutes, so please be patient.
- On your phone, touch Enable Notifications.
- Touch the checkbox next to "Android Wear" to let your watch show notifications from different apps on your phone.
Note: Your watch may automatically install an update and restart after it's paired with your phone.
For more assistance, visit Android Wear™ help.
If too many Bluetooth devices are connected to your phone, your watch won’t connect.
- Open your device's Settings app.
- Under "Wireless & networks," tap Bluetooth.
- Tap the On/Off switch.
- At the top of your screen, a Bluetooth icon shows when Bluetooth is turned on.
Tip: To save battery, turn off Bluetooth when you're not using it. Bluetooth is off in Airplane mode.
To delete pairing settings from the watch, hold down the side pusher for two seconds. Select Settings. Select Unpair with phone. Tap the checkmark.
Note: that unpairing from a smartphone deletes all user data and returns the watch to its initial factory defaults.
You need to turn on Android Wear cloud sync in the phone Android Wear app to use Wi-Fi on your watch. Here’s how:
- On your phone, open the Android Wear.
- Touch the Settings icon.
- Touch Privacy & personal data > Cloud sync.
- Move the switch to the On position.
If your watch is connected to Wi-Fi, and your phone has a Wi-Fi or cellular network connection, your watch can be as far away as you like. Otherwise, keep your watch within a few feet of your phone. The exact distance will vary by phone and watch.
If your watch won't turn on, it may be because it's failing to charge. Here are some things you can do to fix the issue:
- Check your watch’s hardware.
- Make sure you are using the original charging cable, and an authorized wall adapter or other USB power source. Using a different cable or power adapter may damage your watch.
- Make sure that you’ve removed all of the plastic packaging on your watch.
- Make sure the charging pins on the watch and cradle/dock are clean. You can wipe them with a slightly damp soft cloth.
- Make sure the charging pins are not bent.
- Check for dust in the micro USB port. You can blow on the port gently to remove any dust.
- Try turning on your watch while it's connected to the power adapter
- Allow your watch to charge for 15 minutes, then try to turn on the watch by pressing the power button (black button at 3 o-clock position) for 15 seconds.
- Try using a different wall outlet and repeat above step.
Features and Functions
Most notifications you see on your phone will also show up on your watch. These include notifications for missed calls, texts, event reminders, and more. When you get a notification, your watch will only vibrate; it won't make a sound.
Your watch uses the notification settings you have for each app on your phone.
If your app vibrates or makes a sound for notifications on your phone, your watch will vibrate. If your app doesn’t vibrate or make a sound for notifications, your watch won’t vibrate, but you’ll still see a card on your watch.
For example, if you have sound and vibrate notifications turned on for Gmail on your phone, your watch will vibrate when you get a new email. If you turn off these notifications for Gmail on your phone, your watch won’t vibrate, but you’ll still see Gmail cards on your watch.
When you dismiss a notification on your watch, it's also dismissed on your phone (and the other way around).
If you don’t want to see notifications on your watch, you can mute your watch. When your watch is muted, it won’t vibrate for new notifications.
To turn mute on or off: Swipe all the way down from the top of your watch’s screen, and tap Mute. When your watch is muted, you’ll see a Mute icon on your watch's screen.
If your phone is entirely in silent mode, your watch will still vibrate since the watch uses each individual app’s settings.
The Mission has GPS that can function independently of your phone. 3rd Party apps can use the internal GPS to track your location and various other details.
You can accept or deny phone calls directly from the watch, and also reply with text messages directly from the watch if you are using an Android phone. To complete the phone call, you must use your mobile phone. The Mission does not support phone calls directly from the watch, independent of your phone.
The Mission has a microphone and supports all "OK Google" features. It doesn’t have a speaker, but can pair directly to Bluetooth headphones.
The MicLock™ protects the microphone in your Mission watch while you’re shredding or exposed to water. Be sure the MicLock™ is in the closed position before exposing the Mission to any liquid or moisture. Failure to do so may resulting in permanent damage to your watch and will not be covered under warranty.
To choose your bezel color, you can order a customized Mission from nixon.com. The Bezels cannot be interchanged after the watch has been built – they must be built onto the custom watch here at Nixon. The bezel not only looks amazing, but it also functions as the GPS antenna which is why it can only be changed during the custom build process.
You can purchase a new band on nixon.com. All bands come with instructions and a tool to replace the band. To avoid damage to your case, only use Nixon Mission bands as band replacements.
You can purchase a larger band size for your Mission by calling Nixon customer service. We offer long straps in Black, Concrete, and Orange.
|Mission Band Dimensions|
|Short strap (not. incl. buckle)||70MM||90MM|
You can purchase a new charging cord on nixon.com. Using a different cable or power adapter may damage your watch.
To select a new Nixon watch face on your Mission, touch and hold the screen while the watch face is displayed. Swipe left to view available watch faces and tap the watch face you would like displayed. Note that the Mission Pro watch face is only available and compatible with an Android mobile device, iOS soon to come.
Battery Charge and Power
- Try changing to a different watch face
- Turn down your watch screen brightness or switch to Auto-Brightness
- Turn off notification you don’t want on the Android Wear app
- Turn on Theater Mode
- Uninstall Apps from the phone paired with your watch
- Limit WiFi use
- Limit GPS use
For more info: https://support.google.com/androidwear/answer/6303917?hl=en
Your watch will automatically disconnect from the smartphone when the battery level drops too low. Your settings will remain but any sensor measurements will not be stored.
Make sure that the Mission charger cable is securely connected to the watch. Check the charger terminals and charger cable connectors for dirt, sand, or other gunk. Check that the charger terminal and connector are clean by wiping them with a dry, clean cloth. Make sure you’re not charging the watch in a place that’s extremely cold or hot. A normal temperature range is recommended: 50F to 95F, 10F to 35C.
Note: Using a USB connector other than the Mission USB connector can: result in unstable power supply, interfere with charging, and damage your watch.
A typical charge should take around 2-4 hours.
Keep your Android Wear software updated for the fullest functionality of your Mission. When an update to your Android Wear software is available, you'll get an automatic notification on your watch if your watch is connected to the charger and is within Bluetooth range of your phone or your phone is on and connected to the Internet. If you get a notification that an update is available, swipe the notification from right to left and touch Install to start the update. Keep your watch connected to the charger and paired with your phone until the update is complete.
Press the pusher on the right side of the case for 2 seconds, then scroll down and select "Settings", then "Unpair with phone". This function will delete all data stored on your Mission and cannot be undone.
After submersion in seawater, use plain water to rinse all salt and dirt from the watch.
Call us or visit Android Wear support: https://support.google.com/androidwear/?hl=en#topic=6056389
You can adjust brightness, toggle Always-on screen (on / off), activate brightness boost (5 second boost), or activate theater mode.
- To Adjust brightness, swipe down from the top to enter quick settings menu, and scroll right to Adjust brightness.
- To quickly enter Theatre Mode, double press the pusher on the right side of the watch case.
- To quickly enter Brightness Boost, triple press the pusher on the right side of the watch case.
- To turn on/off the Always on Display, hold down the side pusher for two seconds. Scroll down and select "Settings", and scroll down to Touch Always-on screen to turn on or off.
The Mission App is available from the Google Play Store. It is currently only compatible with Android and an iOS version is in the works. The app is necessary to get the Surf and Snow features for your Mission, as well as Local Weather sub-dials.
Your Mission comes with a free Trace app to track your surf and snow sessions. You can get stats directly from your Mission watch or connect to the Trace device. For more information on Trace, go to: traceup.com
To open an app installed on your watch:
- If your screen is dim, touch the screen to wake up the watch.
- Swipe from right to left.
- Touch the app you want to use.
Tip: You can also start an app simply by saying “Ok Google, open” and then its name.
You can see a list of recommended apps in the Google Play Store. Here’s how:
- On your phone, open the Android Wear app.
- Scroll down until you see “Get the applications you love” and touch More to open the Google Play Store.
Note: Some watches come with apps made by the manufacturer, and they may be the default app for some tasks. If you have questions about these apps, contact the manufacturer.
We're Here To Help
For additional support and questions on troubleshooting, warranty or registering your Mission smartwatch, call our support team at (888) 455-9200, Monday - Thursday 8:00 - 5:00pm PDT or Friday 9:00 - 5:00pm PDT.