The Visual Merchant will be responsible for creating compelling in store merchandise presentations and communications for Nixon retail that directly support sales strategies that drive sell thru. This person will be an integral part of the Nixon retail team, helping to create an insane retail presence for the brand through outstanding visual merchandising, the design and creation of fixture packages and branding and marketing assets to create and define the Nixon retail experience globally.
The Visual Merchant will be looked to for leadership and management of the visual communication process through cross functional partners such as Marketing, Logistics, Creative Services, and Product, Sales and Merchandising teams. In addition, this person will also work with our international offices to develop regional custom communications.
- Ability to have a global point of view on fixture and customization implementation
- Management of design and fixture development for project that ensure brand standards are met
- Ability to propose resolutions to project specific issues that arise through an ability to think innovatively
- Demonstrative ability to generate architectural design concepts, space planning, fixture and special element design while coordinating with a broad vendor of vendors and business partners
- Monitor, adjust and deliver upon a timeline and project timeline while ensuring that scope changes are included in cost projections in a timely manner
- Ability to manage fixture design rollout and implementation schedule
- Participate in special projects as needed such as new store openings, pop up stores, store walk throughs, field training, brand special events and other one-off projects as needed
- Effectively communicate with sales rep team, in addition to retail store leadership, to optimize their visual presentations.
- Ability to develop a tactical and financial plan that supports a sales, product & marketing go to market strategy.
- Ability to consistently perform against project management, vendor management, budget and timeline targets
- 5 years in a visual, store merchandising, or space planning role
- Strong analytical, planning, forecasting, and financial skills
- Proven budget management skill set managing, annual, seasonal and monthly projects
- Thought leader and collaborator with a demonstrated ability to influence sr. management and peers
- Best in class Project Management skills
- Specific experience with visual design software(Photoshop, illustrator, InDesign, Microsoft Office, AutoCAD etc)
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of organization.
- University degree preferred
- Knowledge of the board sport lifestyle, personal electronics or fashion industry
Retail Sales Associate
Our Sales Associates are vital to delivering customer service that offers a distinctive shopping experience and drives sales results. While all positions within Nixon require working as part of a team to meet department and store objectives, your individual responsibilities as a Sales Associate include demonstrating outstanding customer service and selling skills, keeping the selling floor stocked with merchandise, and organizing the selling floor and stock room area.
- Meeting and making a connection with customers, asking questions and listening to shoppers' needs, then giving options and advice on meeting those needs
- Inspiring the customer to buy, celebrating the purchase, and creating a lasting positive impression of you, Nixon, and the purchase
- Ensuring that fitting rooms are ready for customers by promptly clearing our merchandise and returning it to the proper area of the selling floor
- Maintaining selling floor presentations, and restocking them as needed
- Learning Nixon’s systems and procedures to enhance selling efficiencies and complete support duties
- Responsible for achieving personal sales goals
- Maintain a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting Nixon’s commitment to our customer – the most important person in our stores
- Be knowledgeable of and perform sales support functions related to POS procedures
- Develop product knowledge by reading current vendor tags and pamphlets and attending training classes in order to communicate it to the customer
- Be aware of current promotional events and sales
- Maintain good housekeeping standards
- Adhere to Loss Prevention and inventory control and compliance procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
Global Retail Director
The Director of Global Retail will drive the strategy and execution for Nixon retail stores. This person will lead the creation, successful execution and operational processes for Nixon stores by coordinating, leading and executing all operating aspects of the Nixon retail store strategy. This person will bring a depth of company owned retail experience to Nixon and will be looked to for broad cross functional leadership as the company expands it company owned retail presence.
- Be seen as a key thought leader on all aspects of Nixon retail.
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert on all operational best practices for a company owned retail environment.
- Key partner in all phases of Nixon retail strategies; from site selection, financial modeling to in store merchandising and store policies.
- Drives the market strategy and business plan within the four walls of each retail store.
- Model operational excellence through leadership and thoughtful decision making in partnership with Operations team.
- Work closely and highly collaboratively with key cross functional partners to deliver successful store launches on time and on budget.
- Demonstrated ability to drive process improvement at current retail locations in US, Australia, and Japan with new store openings in Europe.
- Consistently build management and sales teams across store base in a manner that supports global retail business goals, employee’s career development and Nixon values.
- 10-15 years of related experience, minimum 5 years in a senior retail leadership role with an apparel or accessories retailer in an action sports or fashion brand.
- Thought leader and collaborator with a demonstrated ability to influence sr. management and peers.
- Proven experience in retail store operations, store leadership & multi-store leadership.
- Progressively expanding scope of responsibility in both brand and outlet retail channels, with an emphasis on first quality, brand channels.
- 5-7 years of a proven ability to recruit, retain and develop a store leadership team.
- Strong analytical, planning, forecasting, and budgeting financial skills.
- Proven people management skills; ability to motivate, delegate, direct, and coordinate work done by others.
- Experienced Project Management skills.
- Flagship retail experience, either in store leadership or as a multi-store manager a plus.
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of organization.
- Knowledge of the board sport lifestyle, personal electronics or fashion industry.
- University degree preferred.
Reporting to the North American Sales Manager, you will be responsible for managing data related to a multi channel business plan. You will be a key member of a strong team focused on tracking sales and facilitating programs to achieve growth.
- Establish and track channel or category sales against plan and forecast by account
- Compile and analyze sales data in order to establish sales forecast and use it to create suggested buys
- Initiates and complies various sales reports, creates and maintains spreadsheets, logs and tracks various sales functions including open orders, new accounts, sales plans, refused orders and credit holds
- Proactively addresses issues and opportunities within account base, acts as liaison and support for sales reps, sales managers and internal departments
- Acts as liaison between sales team and key operational departments including credit, customer service and supply chain
- Coordinates channel or category meetings and events including sales collateral, samples and logistics
- Process various requests for sales reps and sales management
- Years of Related Professional Experience: 3 + years.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or equivalent combination of experience, knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Strong Analytical skills
- Proficient Computer Skills including Microsoft Office
- Demonstrates ability to build business partnerships
- Fashion minded
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and able to multi task
- Domestic travel required (up to 25%) including by air, ground and overnight.
- Willing and able to work additional hours when needed.
- Bend, lift, open and move product and related office items varying in weight from 1 to 25 lbs, depending on need.
Product & Design
Reports to the Product Manager – Special Projects in the Technical Product department, the full time Designer will communicate through visual forms varying from hand renderings, computer illustration, and storyboards. Must possess the ability to “story-tell” through design. Works with Product Managers to create seasonal, yearly and on the spot color-ups to tell the stories as outlined by the Director of Product and Product Managers.
The Designer will be expected to contribute to the constant generation of new ideas that relate to Nixon’s overall growth strategy.
- Assist Product Managers on CMF (Color, Material, Finish) exploration
- Assist Product Managers with seasonal trend research.
- Assist Product Managers with color spec revisions and tech pack revisions.
- Responsible for presenting color ways and new material options and ideas to the Product Team.
- Be able to fill out and complete accurate and comprehensive tech packs.
- Relevant experience in the design and development of timing devices and / or similar technical products.
- Understanding and passion for youth culture; art, music, film and adventure.
- Highly adept at communicating with others, working in a team environment with a “can-do” attitude.
- Experienced with the creative process of bringing insane ideas to life.
Education, Experience, and/or Skills:
- Bachelor of Sciences degree in Design is preferred with experience in designing technical products.
- Proficient with Illustrator and Photoshop using Macintosh and PC platforms and ability to create concept sketches, 2D and 3D renderings.
- Active interest in cultural activities that relate to the brand such as music, art, design as well as activities such as surfing, skateboarding, snowboarding.
- Thrives in a hands-on environment with a high regard for teamwork.
Nixon Store Manager, Berkeley CA
As a Nixon Store Manager, you’ll be responsible for delivering sales results, developing and motivating a team, creating an insane customer service experience, controlling costs, delivering operational excellence, and maintaining merchandising presentations.
- Creates and manages the execution of a store business plan that drives performance and maximizes business opportunities.
- Establishes, monitors, and follows up on productivity goals for store team.
- Creates an outstanding shopping environment that connects customers with the Nixon brand.
- Ensures customer service and operational standards are met while following Nixon’s policies and procedures.
- Oversees product flow, markdown execution, and seasonal promotions.
- Manages activities related to staffing and development, including: hiring administration, training, staff scheduling and performance management.
- Recruits and hires top talent to ensure a diverse and energetic work environment.
- Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
- Prevents inventory shortages with minimal store shrink rate.
- Manages store facility supplies and maintenance issues.
- Meets store operations compliance requirements.
- Communicates relevant store market information.
- Performs additional managerial duties as necessary.
- 5+ years of retail management experience
- High School graduate or equivalent; college degree preferred.
- Highly creative with the ability to drive brand initiatives through innovative action plans
- Strong analytical skills
- Extraordinary leadership skills
- Exceptional customer service standards
- Energized to drive results
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Strong problem solving skills with the facility to maintain a clear and professional dialogue at all times
- Point of Sale (POS) system knowledge
- Word and Excel proficient