Nixon is California’s iconic watch and accessories brand, born from action sports culture and always pushing the never been done. As a company we are creative, we are ambitious, we take risks. Above all, we want to build great products with the world’s youth as our audience. We collaborate with the best in the business: brands, athletes, retailers, causes. People who share our mindset and our belief that we can make an impact, one detail at a time.
We are proud of more than 20+ years of history, our roots and heritage while steadily aspiring to rise to new horizons, develop and grow our brand and team of ridiculously talented individuals further. Working for Nixon means being part of an international, dynamic, and passionate group of people, multi-lingual, multi-channel and multi-category. We are as diverse as the environment we operate in, stretching all the way from our origins in the action sports industry up to the lifestyle market, electronics, and premium watchmaking. We believe that passion drives performance and that perfection comes from always giving your best. We care about the little things, while thinking big.
You are at the center of the Nixon community. You are the real person behind the Nixon social media accounts worldwide – curating, creating, and sharing out awesome content, engaging with Nixon fans and customers, and collaborating with like-mined partners. You also work every day with our broad team of Nixon athletes, artists, and activists – from accomplished action sports athletes to the young kids on the flow team. You make sure we share out their content, stoke them out with product, and help them do what they want to do better. You are all about building love for the Nixon brand.
Key Functions and Responsibilities
- Manage all content for our global social media accounts
- Source content through your network of contacts and through the Nixon team
- Working with product and marketing, develop and execute social media campaigns/activations to support the launch of new seasons, products and collaborations
- Create our product content for “stories” and reels regularly – including global activations and events
- Work with the Nixon regional offices and distributors on their social media feeds
- Interact with people following our feed and feeds of other like-minded brands – engage in discussions, field questions, re-direct negative comments to Customer Service
- Creates/manages social media activations
- Represents/connects social media community at events (internal and external)
- Regularly communicate with paid athlete team and our global flow teams, know their travel/project plans, seek product/content feedback, seed product
- Identify and seed product to up and coming athletes, artists, and activists in real time
- Place product with micro-influencers based on social media interactions
- Collaborate with global regions on other product placement opportunities – and how those plans tie into social media
- Assist in casting for studio shoots through identifying talent through social media
- Distribute brand kits (stickers, promo product, digital assists, etc.) to reps on regular basis
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2+ years of experience with managing brand social media accounts
- Experience in developing brand content and activations
- Experience in action sports industry
Technical Skills and Experience
- Strong Knowledge of Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, Tik-Tok Twitter, Hootsuite, etc.)
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
Technical Skills and Experience
- Excellent and current social media skills
- Passion for action sports
- Great communication skills
- Graphic design and basic editing skills
- Strong writing skills – copy writing and writing for social media
- Proactive, self-directed, positive outlook
- Ability to work at a fast pace
- Trend spotter
- Problem solving, critical thinking
- Organized, detail-oriented
Come join the Nixon Team! Please forward your resume to email@example.com. Include Community Manager in the subject line.
This position is in Carlsbad, CA, USA
Due to the volume of resumes we cannot respond to everyone personally, but we do thank you for your interest and for reaching out to Nixon. Please, no phone calls. Thank you!