The Visual Merchant will be responsible for creating compelling in store merchandise presentations and communications for Nixon retail that directly support sales strategies that drive sell thru. This person will be an integral part of the Nixon retail team, helping to create an insane retail presence for the brand through outstanding visual merchandising, the design and creation of fixture packages and branding and marketing assets to create and define the Nixon retail experience globally.
The Visual Merchant will be looked to for leadership and management of the visual communication process through cross functional partners such as Marketing, Logistics, Creative Services, and Product, Sales and Merchandising teams. In addition, this person will also work with our international offices to develop regional custom communications.
- Ability to have a global point of view on fixture and customization implementation
- Management of design and fixture development for project that ensure brand standards are met
- Ability to propose resolutions to project specific issues that arise through an ability to think innovatively
- Demonstrative ability to generate architectural design concepts, space planning, fixture and special element design while coordinating with a broad vendor of vendors and business partners
- Monitor, adjust and deliver upon a timeline and project timeline while ensuring that scope changes are included in cost projections in a timely manner
- Ability to manage fixture design rollout and implementation schedule
- Participate in special projects as needed such as new store openings, pop up stores, store walk throughs, field training, brand special events and other one-off projects as needed
- Effectively communicate with sales rep team, in addition to retail store leadership, to optimize their visual presentations.
- Ability to develop a tactical and financial plan that supports a sales, product & marketing go to market strategy.
- Ability to consistently perform against project management, vendor management, budget and timeline targets
- 5 years in a visual, store merchandising, or space planning role
- Strong analytical, planning, forecasting, and financial skills
- Proven budget management skill set managing, annual, seasonal and monthly projects
- Thought leader and collaborator with a demonstrated ability to influence sr. management and peers
- Best in class Project Management skills
- Specific experience with visual design software(Photoshop, illustrator, InDesign, Microsoft Office, AutoCAD etc)
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of organization.
- University degree preferred
- Knowledge of the board sport lifestyle, personal electronics or fashion industry
Business Analyst and SQL Server Reporting Server Report Writer
Reporting to the Director of Global IT, the Business Analyst and Report Writer is responsible for developing Sales, Financial and Operational reports using SQL Server Reporting Services for a fast growing, mid-sized Consumer Products Company in North County San Diego.
- Develops complex reports including such tasks as gathering, refining and documenting requirements, analyzes data sources, develops, presents and refines prototypes, documents and reports on statuses, develops both simple and complex queries, formats and presents results, performs quality assurance and validation of data and interacts with users to reconcile discrepancies.
- Develops, tests and maintains simple and complex queries, data imports and exports from heterogeneous data sources, e.g. Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics Navision (NAV), Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, XML, proprietary third party file formats, flat files and CSV files.
- Develops, manages and implements a reporting repository that is easy to navigate and understand by end users
- Works with e-Commerce and Retail teams to design metric driven reporting using multiple data sources (e-commerce and Retail Pro Point of Sale)
- Works with executives to design dashboards based on KPI’s, maintains and distributes updates
- Working with end users monitors existing reports and infrastructure, identifies and implements optimizations to both performance and accuracy as required and appropriate.
- Validate the results of SQL queries with end users, and present the data in an intuitive and visually appealing way, which may include tables, pie charts, bar graphs, or other diagrams.
- Schedule or run report generation scripts and data exports.
- Develops and adheres to standards, processes and procedures to create, deploy and maintain reports.
- Works with business areas in the analysis of proposed and existing systems to provide access to required functionality, data and reporting solutions.
- Contributes to the enterprise reporting vision, strategy and roadmap in close alignment with departmental business requirements, company leadership and key business unit stakeholders.
- Excels within a team of data, information and solution experts who are responsible for working with the applications and infrastructure teams to develop and deliver products and services.
- Conducts research and makes recommendations to the Director of Global IT and other business stakeholders.
- Provides input into the design and requirements for an enterprise data warehouse and business intelligence architecture and tool
- College degree preferred
- 5+ years working with SQL Server (through 2012), advanced knowledge of SSRS
- Experience working with a manufacturer is preferred
- Experience writing transact-SQL queries, using Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with report automation tools, including Crystal Reports or Microsoft Reporting Services
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics, Navision preferred
- Experience with writing reports from ERP data is required
- Experience with data warehouse and business intelligence tools
- Basic Database Administrator skills
- Basic Microsoft Server administrative skills
- Solid communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to interface directly with customer for report and dashboard requirements
- Attention to detail and solid organization skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to learn quickly and communicate effectively
Distribution Center Generalist
Distribution Center Team Members (Generalists) are responsible for performing all aspects of Nixon’s warehousing operations, in a safe and efficient manner. Team members will work under the direct supervision of the Shipping and Receiving Supervisors, as well as the Distribution Center Manager. This position is full-time.
General warehousing duties include:
- Order fulfillment (Order Picking, Packing and Manifest)
- Receiving duties
- International shipping
- Inventory control functions and physical inventory counts
- Quality verification of inbound product
- Project work as needed
- Other duties as assigned by supervisors, Distribution Center Manager and Director of Operations
Relevant Experience and Education:
- Prior work experience in a distribution warehouse preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Ability to speak English required.
- Normal distribution warehouse working conditions apply.
- Ability to lift 50lbs required.
- Employees will be made aware of any hazards inherent to the warehousing nature of the position.
- Employees will be trained accordingly to minimize any risk involved in performing the duties of this position.
This is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee, and is not meant to comprehensively list all possible responsibilities and duties. This does not establish a contract for employment, and this job description is subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Direct To Consumer
Manager, Global Digital Marketing
Responsible for overseeing all global digital marketing, email, social media content distribution and digital marketing analysis.
- Development of seasonal global digital marketing sales plans and budgets, ensuring strategic and budgetary goals are met in the most efficient and effective way.
- Generate new global digital marketing ideas that include targeted messaging, segmentation and personalization to connect with the customer and drive profitable sales growth.
- Manage the global digital marketing, email, social media and database agency relationships.
Digital Marketing Content Management Distribution:
- Oversee global digital marketing content throughout all channels
- Collaborate with planners, merchants and creative services teams to outline and execute comprehensive global digital marketing plans with an overall direct to consumer approach.
- Ensure content makes a measurable impact and is consistent with overall brand strategy.
- Manage content and links throughout digital marketing channels to achieve optimal action.
- Continue to enhance the customer loyalty value proposition.
- Manage copy, images and videos throughout global digital channels to ensure consistency.
- Post content across various marketing channels: Nixon.com and social media platforms.
Demand Management: Retention and Acquisition:
- Promote and create awareness for Nixon
- Identify and implement global digital marketing strategies that drive direct to consumer sales and traffic.
- Expand, integrate and optimize search, email, social media and digital channels.
- Manage and monitor Global SEO and paid search keywords for success and failure in attracting demand.
- Understand global email regulations and guidelines such as opting-in/out, spam and list management.
- Optimize online advertising techniques through sponsored banner ads and pop-ups.
- Improve existing customers retention rates while acquiring new customers.
- Recommend and execute acquisition programs to expand customer base.
- Nurture existing customers to increase spend; encourage repeat purchase behavior and brand engagement through social media.
Digital Marketing Metrics Management:
- Digital Marketing Intelligence
- Responsible for global database, digital, email and social media analytical reports and business intelligence.
- Proactively identify trends and issues with programs and develop recommendations from analysis that best support the Nixon brand and provide optimal ROI, spend and life cycle.
- Research and develop new techniques, tools and applications for marketing analysis.
- Work closely with our external agencies to develop meaningful reports.
- Provide customer insights and in depth overviews of the customer’s purchase behavior as well as psychographic characteristics.
- Develop and oversee primary research including surveys and focus groups.
- Lead database growth strategy and data augmentation program.
- Oversee customer segmentation and modeling, email and direct mail strategy.
- As the department grows, ultimately responsible for managing the digital marketing team; including the recruitment of exceptional talent, team building, goal setting, and feedback/periodic reviews.
- Manage outside service providers, as necessary.
- Identify team member strengths and opportunities.
- Provide open and honest feedback on a regular basis.
- Train team members on knowledge gaps on digital marketing best practices.
- Attract, motivate, lead, and retain exceptional talent and clearly articulate vision and purpose.
- Comfortable building and delivering presentations to executive and regional audiences.
- Ability to work with other cultures with high level of patience and ability to train.
- Exceptional management experience with success in driving initiatives across functions and regions.
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA a plus
- 6-8 years marketing experience
- Digital marketing and CRM experience preferred
- Retail (Direct to Consumer) experience a plus
- Problem solver
- Strong written, verbal communication skills
- Strong documentation and reporting skills
- Ability to influence using strong interpersonal and communication skills, especially when interacting with Senior Leadership team.
- Ability to develop healthy working relationships, build consensus and influence across organization.
- Proven ability to balance long-range, strategic leadership approach with near-term, detailed, day-to-day operational imperatives (e.g., can maintain bigger picture while remaining hands-on and tactical).
- Must be willing to take risks. Able to balance brand, growth and profitability effectively. Ability to set strategy and oversee through to successful execution – strong communication skills. Self-motivated, self-directed team player.
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Familiar with HTML coding a plus