eCommerce Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Engineer
At Nixon, it is through life’s adventures where inspiration and collaboration combine and take shape to become products we create. We are proud of more than 20 years of history, our roots and heritage while steadily aspiring to rise to new horizons, develop and grow our brand and team of ridiculously talented individuals further. Working for Nixon means being part of an international, dynamic and passionate group of people, multi-lingual, multi-channel and multi-category. We are as diverse as the environment we operate in, stretching all the way from our origins in the action sports industry up to the lifestyle market, electronics and premium watchmaking. We believe that passion drives performance and that perfection comes from always giving your best. We care about the little things while thinking big.
The e-commerce SQA engineer has a quality vision in driving the strategy and execution across engineering tracks to consistently deliver high-quality software. This role requires continuous improvement and documentation of Software Quality Assurance processes and practices, assuring a high level of system readiness prior to the production of our Digital Customer Experience. This role works cross-functionally to develop and execute manual and automated tests to ensure all aspects of the sites and connects to many areas of the business including IT, Digital Marketing and Inventory/Planning. In addition to QA role, he/she will be the Scrum Master for the team and guide them on self-organization. He/she will report to the Director of Web Development & Architecture and will work side by side with other Web Developers, Content Developers, and QA Engineering; he/she will be part of the full agile development lifecycle. He/she will work at a global level including, but not limited to the flagship sites Nixon.com and AdidasWatches.com (across all regions, globally) to test solutions.
The e-commerce SQA engineer position is responsible for conducting tests before the release to ensure software runs smoothly (hence, creating a fantastic customer experience) and meets stakeholder requirements while maintaining the highest quality standards. He/she will collaborate with product owners and stakeholders, establish goals and set clear expectations, prioritize and bring a finished product across the finish line. He/she should have a strong sense of ownership and accountability with a commitment to delivering high-quality software that balances technical and business goals. They will facilitate discussion, decision making, conflict resolution and schedule/conduct scrum ceremonies. Suitable candidates should have excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate with a variety of audiences at all levels. Ability to work under pressure and troubleshoot is an essential part of this role and invigorates passion for aligning quality goals to business goals.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Perform analysis of business requirements for accuracy, completeness, ambiguity, testability and provide timely feedback to establish acceptance criteria in an agile methodology.
- Partner with stakeholders, creative and development team to understand desired functionality for validating customer experience across browsers and operating systems.
- Communicate with stakeholders for clarifications, approvals, priority, and scheduling for all defect remediation tasks.
- Define the scope of testing, approach, risks, and assumptions to validate the solution is built as per specification.
- Create and maintain QA schedule to track the progress of deliverables to as per deadlines.
- Create project based well-structured test plans and test cases to cover a multitude of simple and complex scenarios.
- Create and maintain regression testing plans and tools.
- Conduct a black box, positive and negative scenarios to test a feature based on functional requirements.
- Perform manual testing of all test cases and work towards automation.
- Setup automated testing infrastructure and increase coverage of regression test cases iteratively.
- Create test data for work within Salesforce Commerce Cloud Business Manager.
- Identify and improve testing strategy to enhance the overall software quality efforts.
- Establish continuous ADA compliance monitoring and sprint-based site regression.
- Document and report defect systematically and manage defects through various stages of the development cycle.
- Establish effective communication throughout all testing processes with key team members and tracks progress detailed reports.
- Support maintenance and rollouts during extended hours when required.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- Partner with the technical architect to support building integration testing as part of CI/CD.
- Coach development team and stakeholders in the SQA process and mentor best practices.
- Be the scrum master for the team.
- Facilitate his team for better creativity and tries to improve the efficiency of the development team.
- Responsible for managing the scrum process with the coordination of scrum team in Agile methodology while help to remove the impediments for the scrum team.
- Arranged daily stand-up meetings, facilitate meetings, schedule meetings, demo and decision-making processes in order to ensure quick inspection and proper use of adaptation process.
- Helps product owner to make the product backlogs in good shape and make them ready for the next sprint.
- Responsible to Conduct retrospective meetings.
- Organizes and facilitates the sprint planning meeting.
Adjacencies & Collaboration Partners
- Web Dev Team
- Site Managers
- Content Manager
- IT Team
- Creative Studio
- Digital Marketing
Education & Experience Requirements
- BA in IT Systems or similar industry certification.
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools like Selenium or open-source toolset.
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS
- Prefer to have a working knowledge of Salesforce Commerce Cloud Business Manager.
- Have strong familiarity with web technologies, browsers, operating systems, and mobile devices and its limitations.
- Knowledge of efficient methodologies for multi-device, multi-browser testing.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Have strong experience with performance and load testing.
- Understanding of all eCommerce functions including but not limited to: Email integration, Payment Systems, Google Analytics, A/B Testing Platforms, Catalog, Content, Promotions, Checkout and Order Flow.
- Understanding of Technical holiday readiness and peak period sales needs.
- Have a keen eye for IT system process and the ability to mimic user flow and document processes with a clear explanation of details.
- Attention to detail and accuracy for project execution and manage and prioritize against aggressive deadlines.
- Experience with web-based PM tools such as Jira and Basecamp is a plus.
- Have a strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans, test cases, requirement traceability matrix, and test summary reports.
Join the Nixon Team! Forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and include eCommerce Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Engineer in the subject line. Thank You!
Due to the volume of resumes, we cannot respond to everyone personally, but we do thank you for your interest and for reaching out to Nixon.