Ultratide , 45 mm
Ultratide , 45 mm
Never not know.
Never not know.
Ultratide , 45 mm
World's smartest tide watch.
- ULTRA COMFORT
- BLACK OR WHITE
- HIGH RESOLUTION DISPLAY
- Whale belly pattern on the back side of the band helps channel the water off your wrist.
- Easily invert between positive or negative display screens at your preference.
- Super crisp digital read out.
Ultratide Powered by
The World's First Real-time Surf Conditions Watch
An evolution in time and technology, Nixon's Ultratide is the product of extensive research and development and an exclusive partnership with Surfline that taps the power of Ultratide directly into the Surfline network. Ultratide features wireless Bluetooth® technology, to provide you with real time data; tide, wave height, swell direction, wind direction and speed, water and air temperatures, GeoLocating the closest break so you'll never not know.
Take the tour
10x more data than a traditional tide watch
POWERED BY SURFLINE
The global leader in surf forecasting for over 30 years.
10X MORE LOCATIONS
Ultratide provides the user with 10 live data points of forecast details, which is 10x the amount of data typically found in surf/tide watches. Browse the entire Surfline network of spots — over 3300 and growing — and select your favorites.
The Ultratide automatically locates the nearest surf spot to your current location.
ONE AND DONE
Use one touch setup to sync the watch to your phone. Easy companion iOS app makes things simple and seamless.
CUSTOM SURF ALERTS
Create custom surf alerts for your favorite spots, and your Ultratide will alert you when the surf is good for just how you like it at your selected spots. Never miss an epic session.
SHARE YOUR SESSION
Find, follow, share. Tell your 1,000 (or more, if you've got 'em) closest friends about your sessions with the Ultratide app (iOS only).
3 EASY STEPS
SIMPLE SETUP AND SYNC
Use on touch setup to sync the watch to your phone. Easy companion iOS app makes things simple and seamless.
DOWNLOAD THE APP
Available on the Apple App Store, for free.
Turn on Bluetooth, open the App, and follow instructions to setup an account and sync your watch.
SETUP YOUR PRESETS
Choose your favorite spots from the entire Surfline network.
I just bought my watch and the screen is blank. How do I turn it on?
Your watch may be in sleep mode, a setting used to save battery life until your watch is ready to be worn. To wake up your Ultratide, turn on Bluetooth, open the app, and follow instructions to setup an account and sync your watch.
How do I sync my Ultratide with my phone?
If Bluetooth is on and the app is open, nothing needs to be done to sync your watch to your phone. Alternatively, your watch can be manually synced by holding down the bottom right pusher for 5 seconds.
How reliable is the data on my Ultratide?
The Ultratide app is powered by Surfline – the world's preeminent source for surf reports and surf forecasting. The Surfline team updates surf reports throughout the day, some locations more than others. As soon as there is an updated report for your local spot, it will be displayed on your Ultratide within 15 minutes.
Which operating systems does the Ultratide App work with?
The Nixon Ultratide app is optimized for iOS8. However, it will work with iOS 7.1 and later versions, iPhone 4S, 5, 5c, 5s, 6 and 6Plus, iPad mini (all models), iPad Air (all models), iPad 3rd generation and iPad 4th generation, iPod Touch 5th generation. At this time the app is not supported on Android devices.
How do I manage my presets?
You can save up to 10 preset surf locations on the Ultratide app and sync 5 to your watch. To add a spot on the app, go to BROWSE LOCATIONS in the menu to navigate the surf spots, find your desired location, and tap ADD TO PRESETS. To manage which locations are displayed on your Ultratide, go to MANAGE PRESETS in the app menu to see a list of all your preset surf locations. Tap Edit and use the bars that appear on the right side to drag spots up or down your priority list or tap the red circle on the left to remove locations. The spot at the top of the list will have an H next to it to denote that it is the home location, the location that will appear on the home screen of your watch. The top 5 spots on the list will be shown on your watch, these are labeled with a W. The location with the arrow next to it is the Auto-Geolocated spot – the spot closest to your current location.
Does the Ultratide work without the Nixon Ultratide app?
Yes. TIME, DATE, TIMER all work without being synced the app. To use this basic mode:
- Press the two side buttons on the Ultratide for 5 seconds to enter pairing mode.
- Press the bottom right pusher to skip the pairing mode.
- Follow steps to set time and date. Long press center pusher for 5 seconds to exit Setting state.
For all other conditions information, the app must be on and synced.
It’s rad that I don’t have to charge my watch, but how long does the battery last?
The battery in the Ultratide should last an estimated 12-18 months. Your Ultratide will notify you when your battery is low (20% power remaining), and then again when the level is critically low. Please contact Nixon support to arrange a battery replacement when the battery reaches critical level.
Is there anything I can do to extend the battery life of the Ultratide?
Yes. The following are recommended to get more from your battery:
- Take off your Ultratide when sleeping or not using. The Ultratide will detect when there is no movement for 5 minutes and will enter into a low energy state.
- If you don't plan on wearing your Ultratide for an extended amount of time, you can put it into sleep mode:
- Open app menu.
- Tap MY ULTRATIDE and press UNLINK.
- Turn off Bluetooth on your phone.
- Press and hold both side buttons of your Ultratide for 5 seconds.
- The watch will not be able to pair and will go into a sleep mode.
NOTE: When you want to re-activate your Ultratide, follow the original setup steps.
Does my Ultratide always need to be in Bluetooth range of my phone in order to work?
No. The Ultratide captures tide and forecasted swell information for 48 hours every time it syncs. NOTE: Time, date and timer information will always work, regardless if you are synced to your phone or not.
Is the Ultratide App gratis?
Yes, and it’s available in the Apple App Store
Can I use the Ultratide app even though I don't own the Ultratide watch?
Yes. The app provides surf and weather info and you can even log your sessions in the SURF JOURNAL.
Do I have to have Bluetooth always on?
Yes. Your Ultratide uses Bluetooth to connect and pull Surfline data from the Ultratide app.
My watch says NO CONNECTION when I try to sync, but my app is running – what gives?
Your Ultratide may not be paired with your phone. Follow these steps to sync:
- On your phone, confirm Bluetooth is turned on.
- Open the Ultratide app menu and tap MY ULTRATIDE
- Follow the instructions to pair your watch to your phone.
When I log a session on my phone, the wrong location shows up in the App. Doesn’t my watch know where I am?
The app uses the GPS in your phone to identify which spot you just surfed. If you leave the beach before you sync your Ultratide with your phone, it may determine that you’re closer to a different spot.
Full SpecificationsDownload User Manual
- Watch Movement Custom-built digital module, with data provided by Surfline. It features a high resolution display that stays continuously updated with current Surfline forecast data for your favorite surf spots around the world. Choose from the thousands of surf spots in the Surfline network, and get 10 Surfline forecast data points displayed in easy to ready format directly on the watch. Surfline Forecast data points are: Current Surfline rating, current surf height, current swell height(s), forecasted swell direction(s), current water temperature, current air temperature, current sky condition, and 48hrs of tide data with predicted time and height details in both imperial and metric values.
- Watch Dial High resolution memory LCD that can be inverted between positive or negative display.
- Watch Case 45mm wide, 100 meter, customer solid stainless steel core with co-molded custom injection molded polyurethane and silicone casing, integrated pushers, and a prominent solid stainless steel bezel to protect the hardened mineral crystal.
- Watch Band 30-25mm tapered custom injection molded silicone band with water flow texture on bottom side, patented locking looper, and stainless steel buckle with stainless steel screw bar.
- Water Rating 100 METER / 10 ATM
Nixon offers a limited warranty of defects in materials and workmanship for a period of two (2) years after original purchase from nixon.com or an authorized Nixon dealer. This means that if the materials in your watch aren't right or if the watch isn't put together correctly, we'll repair or replace it, at our option. But, this doesn't mean you can abuse your watch and expect us to fix it for free. We don't cover normal wear and tear or batteries*, crystal, watch case, strap, bracelet, loss or theft. You will void your warranty if you open your case back, push the buttons underwater, or forget to screw down or push in the crown and expose your watch to moisture. Proof of purchase is required for all warranty claims and service requests, so hold onto your receipt. Nixon will not accept a warranty claim or repair request if a watch has evidence of excessive wear or misuse.