Production and Logistics
Global Production and Logistics Lead
Founded in 1998, Nixon is California’s iconic watch and accessories brand, born from action sports culture and always pushing the never been done. As a company we are creative, we are ambitious, we take risks. Above all, we want to build great product with the world’s youth as our audience. We collaborate with the best in the business: brands, athletes, retailers and causes. People who share our mindset and our belief that we can make an impact, one detail at a time.
The role of the Global Production and Logistics Lead is to oversee the Global Production Coordinator(s) as well as the inbound logistics management in a collaborative effort alongside the Product and Merch Planning teams. The objective is to ensure on-time delivery of product for the brand and to maximize global sourcing and logistic efficiencies while controlling costs. This lead is also accountable for the communication of production and logistics status, including delays, to regional teams and internal cross-functional partners. This leader is also highly interactive with our factory partners and manages strong relationships with these vendors. This lead role also manages all relevant projects for the Production and Logistics team(s). This role is based in the USA out of the Global headquarters.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manage vendor relations along with the category Global Product Managers and Production Coordinators.
- Assist in the management of production POs for Bulk, SMUs and SMS products, including the confirmation and WIP tracking of all PO updates to quantities, costing and exit dates, along with the Production Coordinator team.
- Responsible for global & cross departmental production communication & reporting.
- Manage vendor audit and compliance testing, including QC process and regional-specific testing (EU REACH) in compliance with Nixon’s social compliance standards and requirements.
- Assist with the development and management packaging requirements and standards, specifically as it impacts logistics.
- Responsible for Global Production and Distribution to regions per demand needs.
- Will stretch and co-manage the Global Production Coordinator(s), and their subsequent projects and responsibilities as applicable.
- Assist the Product Team with Sourcing and supply chain projects as needed (i.e. vendor onboarding).
- Assist with the negotiation of all supplier payment terms, incoterms, lead-times, MOQ’s and up-charges, where applicable.
- Responsible for on-time delivery of product to market based on targeted launch plans.
- Oversees the maintenance and management of global shipments via our online freight forwarder portal(s).
- Primary contact for all Nixon inbound logistics projects .
- Drives & Measures GM% improvements via costing improvements and any cost savings projects within supply chain (i.e. PO shipment consolidation, continual pricing comparisons, Ocean/Air cost assessments, etc.).
- Responsible for supplier delivery metrics and performance measurements.
- Accountable for improving global supply production, logistics and operations processes and costs including but not limited to:
- Freight Forwarder and shipment consolidation process improvements.
- Assisting the Product team with sourcing and supply procurement process improvements.
- New factory onboarding, audit processes and Vendor Guideline management.
- Tariff Mitigation and Duty Drawback management.
- Achieve or exceed the identified goals and KPI targets, supporting corporate/department goals and KPI targets as directed.
Key Competencies, Education, and Experience Requirements:
- 3-5 years of proven work experience as a sourcing manager or production manager, and in logistics.
- Highly proficient in logistics, sourcing and vendor management and relevant software.
- Strong project management and leadership skills.
- Ability to negotiate and sustain networking relationships.
- Comfortable with figures and in collecting, analyzing and interpreting data.
- Solid judgement and business acumen with the ability to make good decisions.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate well across all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional Excel skills a must.
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to collaborate and influence others.
- Experience managing and leading others, as well communication effectively across many stakeholders.
- Highly customer service oriented.
- Prior experience working within or implementation of an MRP planning environment preferred.
- BS or BA degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration.
Every employee is expected to contribute to a positive work environment through professional, respectful and cooperative interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Come Join the Nixon Team! Forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank You!
Due to the volume of resumes, we cannot respond to everyone personally, but we do thank you for your interest and for reaching out to Nixon. Please, no phone calls. Thank you!
Digital Marketing Manager
Nixon is California’s iconic watch and accessories brand, born from action sports culture and always pushing the never been done. As a company we are creative, we are ambitious, we take risks. Above all, we want to build great product with the world’s youth as our audience. We collaborate with the best in the business: brands, athletes, retailers, causes. People who share our mindset and our belief that we can make an impact, one detail at a time.
The Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for the oversight, development, implementation and execution of the Nixon’s global digital media channels. S/he must operate with an eager, entrepreneurial, innovative mindset and cultivate strong connections within the Nixon global organization.
Working within the DTC team, this role is responsible for optimizing digital marketing channels to maximize revenue by increasing new customer acquisition and customer retention efforts across the key regions for Nixon; Australia, North America, Japan and Europe.
The role will collaborate closely within the Nixon DTC / digital marketing teams to achieve or exceed Nixon’s digital marketing business objectives.
Key Responsibilities & Priorities
- 1. Execute best-in-class media campaigns & achieve performance through proactive optimization and effective campaign management.
- 2. Develop insights to empower internal teams & stakeholders to understand performance results and opportunities to scale profitably in digital marketing channels.
- 3. 3. Bring fresh ideas and approaches to campaign execution to drive incremental improvements and program growth to reach business objectives.
- Management and oversight of Nixon’s marketing efforts on Google Ads, Bing Ads, Facebook/Instagram Ads and other real-time biddable media platforms.
- Execute marketing optimizations leveraging platform machine learning algorithms, best-of-class campaign architecture, forward thinking management approaches and a data centric monitoring of account performance.
- Analyze and optimize proactive and reactive campaign frameworks to align with overarching strategy and result trending.
- Work closely with Nixon’s Google, Bing and Facebook platform / product teams on introducing new initiatives, building vendor relationships with key marketing platforms and ensuring that we maintain a competitive edge within each platform.
- Evaluate of key-performance-indicators (KPIs) daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly to meet or exceed business objectives.
- Analyze tactical campaign performance data and identify optimization opportunities, campaign growth areas, and campaign performance challenges with recommendations
- Work with the internal stakeholders to evaluate, implement and maintain relationships with key partners across inventory, audience data providers and campaign UX integrations for customized digital media solutions.
- Stay apprised of industry news, platforms and opportunities for Nixon, conversations with potential vendors specifically within the programmatic / marketing automation space.
- Develop ad copy, execute keyword research, audience targeting discovery.
- Pull detailed reporting and data for internal reporting.
Key Experience Requirements
- Proven track record of managing ecommerce campaigns with aggressive ROAS and growth goals.
- Hands on experience with “value based” optimization frameworks and campaign management approaches.
- Basic understanding of machine learning and expertise on how to manage digital marketing programs to empower platform algorithms to improve performance.
- Experience in the management of daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly channel budgets, performance forecasting, and reconciliation of platform fees.
- Ability to analyze and interrupt performance data + Nixon business data to develop insights and action plans to maximize investments that includes identifying variances in performance and proactive forecasting of results.
- Not required but preferred, hands-on / self-serve programmatic media (DSP) experience managing CTV, display and video campaigns (i.e. The Trade Desk, AppNexus, Media Math, Beeswax).
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelors or master’s degree in business, marketing, statistics or relevant field preferred.
- 4+ years of managing real-time, direct response digital media campaigns for a brand or within a digital agency.
- Expert knowledge of Google Ads, Bing Ads, & Facebook / Instagram Ads, (programmatic DSP experience a plus).
- Hands-on data analysis, detailed reporting and performance modeling.
- Proven track record driving direct response ecommerce campaigns with aggressive growth and while maintaining strong ROAS.
- Advanced understanding of media campaign setup, optimization, strategy and reporting frameworks for paid search and/or programmatic buying platforms.
- Understanding of digital marketing ecosystem from digital media to creative development and data management platforms like DMPs or CRMs.
- Be a proactive self-starter with strong attention to detail.
Technical Skills & Experience
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook)
- Current certifications in Google Ads, Bing Ads, Facebook Blueprint, and Google Analytics
- Solid understanding of direct-to-consumer businesses as well as digital marketing.
- Strong organizational, time management, and prioritizing skills.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Ability to drive project in a complex multi-stakeholder environment.
- Results-driven, goal-oriented.
- Problem solving, critical thinking.
- Organized, detail-oriented.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work with changing priorities, evolving responsibilities and scope of work in a rapidly growing company.
- Team-oriented and collaborative.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
Join the Nixon Team! Forward resumes to email@example.com and include Marketing Manager in the subject line. Thank You!
Position based in California, USA. Due to the volume of resumes, we cannot respond to everyone personally, but we do thank you for your interest and for reaching out to Nixon.
Sales Associate, Nixon Encinitas Store (Part Time)
At Nixon, it is through life’s adventures where inspiration and collaboration combine and take shape to become products we create. We are proud of more than 18 years of history, our roots and heritage while steadily aspiring to rise up to new horizons, develop and grow our brand and team of ridiculously talented individuals further. Working for Nixon means being part of an international, dynamic and passionate group of people, multilingual, multi-channel and multi-category. We are as diverse as the environment we operate in, stretching all the way from our origins in the action sports industry up to the lifestyle market, electronics and premium watchmaking. We believe that passion drives performance and that perfection comes from always giving your best. We care about the little things, while thinking big
We are looking for a Part Time Nixon Retail Sales Associate for our Encinitas, CA store location. As a Nixon Sales Associate, you will work closely with our HQ team in a high profile, boutique setting to provide outstanding experiences to our local brand community, family, and friends, while demonstrating exceptional customer service standards and sharp selling skills.
- Actively engage with customers, ask questions to determine shoppers' needs, and offer product knowledge and purchase options to meet those needs.
- Demonstrate great professional etiquette and a high level of enthusiasm when interacting with customers.
- Use strong problem solving skills to find creative solutions to customer issues.
- Create an outstanding store environment that connects customers with Nixon and generates brand loyalty.
- Ensure customer service and operational standards are met, upholding Nixon’s policies and procedures.
- Inspire the customer to buy, celebrating the purchase and creating a lasting brand impression and positive purchase experience.
- Maintain selling floor presentations, ensuring that merchandise is neatly arranged and stocked as needed.
- Achieve assigned store and personal sales goals.
- Be knowledgeable of POS use and function for strong sales support performance.
- Develop to be a product knowledge expert.
- Be aware of Nixon promotions and events and communicate them to customers.
- Maintain good housekeeping standards.
- Adhere to loss prevention and inventory control and compliance.
- Be punctual, with regular, dependable attendance.
- High School graduate or equivalent; college degree preferred.
- 2+ years of retail experience, preferably in high profile setting.
- Enthusiastic with a facility to maintain a clear and professional dialogue at all times.
- Flexible; responds well to change.
- Customer obsessed.
- Results driven.
- Prompt and dependable attendance.
- Point of Sale (POS) system knowledge
Join the Nixon Team! Forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position based in California, USA. Due to the volume of resumes, we cannot respond to everyone personally, but we do thank you for your interest and for reaching out to Nixon.
Sales Operations Marketing Coordinator
Nixon is the leading premium accessories brand for the youth lifestyle market. We focus on team-designed collaborations that appeal to our global community of global independents, creatives, and free-thinkers. We create accessories to reflect the unbound lives we live and don't stop until we get it right. Founded in Encinitas, CA in 1998, Nixon began with a small line of watches exclusive to specialty boardsport and fashion retailers. Now in over 90 countries, our offerings have grown to include carry and travel bags, leather goods, select accessories. Still headquartered in Southern California, we have global offices tucked neatly next to some of our favorite outdoor spots in Europe, Australia, and Asia.
Primary Purpose of Position
The Sales Operations and Marketing Coordinator is incredibly important as they will be responsible for supporting a sales organization in their effort to meet or exceed the sales plan goals using tools and strategies created, executed, and maintained by the Sales Operations and Marketing Coordinator. This position reports direction to the VP of Sales and requires exceptional communication with departments throughout the organization, especially Operations, IT, Marketing, Product and Customer Service.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities
B2B Ownership – Maintenance and ongoing support
- Manage architecture and utilization of the B2B portal which supports sales in multiple regions and multiple countries
- Provide advanced support for B2B platform
- Manage special projects for VP of Global Sales
- Daily collaboration and communication with VP of Sales and Sales Managers
- Support internal and external Sales Team
- Maintain strong relationships with Sales Reps
- Conduct Sales Rep, Distributor and Subsidiary calls and communication as needed
- Interface with all internal departments to improve Nixon business
- Provide Monday updates internally and externally
- Monthly direct to Retailer communications
- Continuous timeline communication internally and externally
- B2B communication to Sales Reps and IT Manager
- Off-price life cycle management
- Catalog (digital) management within the B2B environment for multiple regions, ensuring lines and SKUs are up to date (pre-book catalogs, at-once catalogs and out of line catalogs)
- Loading and organizing up to date sales programs, marketing content and the like for wholesale and distributors, i.e., sales incentives, upload into the portal to auto apply, etc.
Display Program – management, oversight, and budget*
- Develop, execute and communicate consistent visual merchandising standards and guidelines that support business initiatives and enhance Nixon product presentation at retail.
- Conduct store visits to provide consistent, yet store specific, merchandising direction and support.
- Manage POP, signage, window displays and fixture inventory and processes, development, execution and budgeting.
- Responsible for organizing and executing trade shows, product events and office displays.
- Work with Sales Team in understanding product assortment and key drivers.
- Send regular communication to Sales Team regarding core and seasonal POP offerings, product and fixtures, visual presentations and dealer promotions.
- Develop a monthly/seasonal/annual plan and calendar for in-store marketing materials.
- Create seasonal/annual trade show/showroom plan including visual guidelines and resources for displaying/supporting seasonal product and brand stories.
- Manage tradeshow environment execution for all North American trade shows.
- Coordinate feedback from sales, marketing and product teams in developing strategies, guidelines and tools specific to visual merchandising role
- Organize and distribute seasonal AV content for global in-store/in-space play
- Develop and implement new retail guidelines that drive consistency and deliver against customer experience, sales & premium brand ambitions
- Benchmark competitor retail execution
- Own retail trends, review shopper and buying behavior
- Collaborate with Marketing team on marketing initiatives, brand collateral and creative content.
- Liaison with Global Marketing and Visual Merchandising teams on resources, procedures and best practices.
- Responsible for retail marketing planning, budgeting, expenses and reporting.
- Manage internal and external retail marketing suppliers and partners.
- Research and analyze trends and incorporate it into retail marketing strategies
*COVID-19 scenario will dictate participation in events and on-site support requirements.
Retail Marketing – development, management and deployment
- Architect and execute seasonal retail marketing toolkits and presentation materials for pre-line, sell-in and sell through support—POP materials for the wholesale, distributors help selling and promotions.
- Manage budgets associated with such programs (i.e. custom Windows/POP/Sales Contests)
- Report performance around programs-sales incentive and programs feedback--are they being used, what are the orders, what’s working what’s not.
Samples & Promo Budget Management
- Sales Tool development and management for North America, Subsidiaries and Distributors – B2B collateral, pre-book order forms, timelines, price lists, SKU lists, sample change sheets, dealer workbooks, sales incentives and go to market overview.
- Off-price order form development and management
- Implement sales programs and Pre-Book discount programming
- Sample management – determine order quantities with Sales Reps and Sales Managers, place factory order, order entry, allocation, shipping and delivery updates internally and externally
- Coordinate around seasonal sample lines and workbooks for reps and managers
- Monthly management, approval and reporting against promotion budget
- Responsible for allocation and shipping
- Phone schedule management
- Meet department KPIs
- Effective service recovery
- Solid communication with internal and external staff and representatives
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Partnerships with cross-functional teams to establish fluid feedback loop
- Analysis and report management
- CRM tool management
- Outstanding people skills
- Demonstrate a high level of detail orientation and organizational skills
- Ability to balance simultaneous projects, evaluate workload and prioritize tasks based on critical need
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency to attain and exceed desired results
- Operate in a cooperative and collaborative spirit to achieve goals
- Innovative thinker
- Understand and execute company’s strategic objectives
- 2+ years of proven technical experience and savvy with systems related to B2B interfaces
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- 2+ years Sales support related experience—understand the concept of wholesale; been around and supported a wholesale organization
- Flexibility and adaptability to work with changing priorities, evolving responsibilities and scope of work in a rapidly growing company
- Initiative, proactive, self-directed
- Results-driven, goal-oriented
- Problem solving, critical thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Analytical experience and aptitude
- 2+ years college, Bachelor’s a plus
- Work location will be primarily onsite—occasionally work from home
- Expected travel up to 15% by air and ground transportation
*COVID-19 scenario may alter travel requirements
- Stand and sit for long periods of time
- Travel via air and ground transportation
- Lift up to 30 lbs.
Come join the Nixon Team! Please forward your resume to email@example.com and enter 'Sales Coordinator' in the subject line.
Position lacated in Carlsbad, California, USA. Due to the volume of resumes, we cannot respond to everyone personally, but we do thank you for your interest and for reaching out to Nixon. Please, no phone calls. Thank you!