Nixon is California’s iconic watch and accessories brand, born from action sports culture and always pushing the never been done. As a company we are creative, we are ambitious, we take risks. Above all, we want to build great products with the world’s youth as our audience. We collaborate with the best in the business: brands, athletes, retailers, causes. People who share our mindset and our belief that we can make an impact, one detail at a time.
We are proud of more than 20+ years of history, our roots and heritage while steadily aspiring to rise to new horizons, develop and grow our brand and team of ridiculously talented individuals further. Working for Nixon means being part of an international, dynamic, and passionate group of people, multi-lingual, multi-channel and multi-category. We are as diverse as the environment we operate in, stretching all the way from our origins in the action sports industry up to the lifestyle market, electronics, and premium watchmaking. We believe that passion drives performance and that perfection comes from always giving your best. We care about the little things, while thinking big.
Drive Nixon’s month-end close process and ensure all areas of Nixon’s financial statements are reconciled. This position will also provide support to the Accounting Team, including the CFO and Accounting Manager, by sharing best practices and identifying opportunities to enhance business processes.
Key Functions and Responsibilities
- Manage Month-End Activities, including, but not limited to:
- Calculate Royalty payments, Loan payments, etc.
- Maintain Prepaid Accounts, Security Deposits, Warranty Reserves, and PPE/PPV
- Maintain Depreciation and Amortization Schedules
- Calculate Intangible Amortization for Patents and Trademarks
- Interest and Commission Calculations
- Inventory Adjustments, COGS Analysis and Adjustments, Inventory in Transit Calculations
- General Ledger Management, including CAPEX Reclasses and Reconciliations
- Maintain and Reconcile Intercompany Accounts with other Nixon Global Regions
- Download and Send monthly Fx Rates to all Global Regions
- Calculate Monthly & Quarterly Accruals and Bonuses
- Post Bi-monthly Payroll Journals and Vacation Accrual
- Manage Monthly and Quarterly Multi-State Sales Tax Filings
- Work Closely with Outside CPA’s on Audits, Reporting, and Tax Filings
- Maintain Amazon Vendor Accounts – US, Canada, and MX and post monthly Revenue
- Calculate and File Annual Property Tax Statement and Business License Renewals
- Calculate Annual Stock Options and Reconcile to prior years
- Develop a clear understanding of ERP, portals, and platform functionalities and use
- Develop process improvements for Close procedures and maintain up-to-date SOP’s
- Assist Accounting Team with questions and procedures
- Research MISC Accounting issues as needed
- Maintain positive and productive relationships with all Nixon Departments
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance Required
- 5+ years progressive experience in Accounting
- NAV, or other large ERP System, experience Preferred
- Strong knowledge of MS office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Advanced Excel knowledge – Vlookups, Pivot Tables, etc.
- Ability to prioritize and organize tasks
- Exceptional communication skills
- Team player with a high standard for quality of work and a “can do” attitude
- Strong problem-solving skills and the facility to maintain a professional dialogue at all times
- Clear understanding of protecting the financial bottom line
Come join the Nixon Team! Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Sr. Accountant in the subject line.
This position is in Carlsbad, CA, USA. Due to the volume of resumes we cannot respond to everyone personally, but we do thank you for your interest and for reaching out to Nixon. Please, no phone calls. Thank you!