Introducing The Ultratide by Nixon, The World's Smartest Surf Watch
Forever changing the landscape of how surf report information is delivered, and challenging the status quo of what you've come to expect from a tide watch, Nixon introduces The Ultratide powered by Surfline.
Two years in the making and delivering a revolution in surf watch technology, Nixon's Ultratide is the product of extensive research, team development and represents a state-of-the-art addition to Nixon's industry-leading Supertide and Lodown franchises. An exclusive partnership with Surfline taps the power of their leading global surf conditions network and delivers real-time data via wireless Bluetooth® technology to the Ultratide: tide, time, wave height, swell direction, wind direction and speed, water and air temperatures.
For decades tide watches could only use predicted information, now we have the ability to see 10X more detail than any other watch.
For over 30 years, Surfline has been the world's leading and most reliable source in surf forecasting. Through this exclusive partnership, Nixon brings a new and functional way of accessing Surfline's real-time data and a 48-hour forecast. Forget what you think you know about tide watches, The Ultratide is like nothing you've seen before: it's the smartest and strongest surf watch on the market.
"We are excited to share the news of The Ultratide," said Nixon Co-Founder Chad DiNenna. "For decades tide watches could only use predicted information, now we have the ability to see 10X more detail than any other watch. Surfers globally have been referencing Surfline's data for 30 years via phone, fax, computer and mobile devices, we at Nixon are proud to be the partner to bring it to your wrist."
Using advanced technology to take surf watches to an entirely new level, Nixon and Surfline's goal in creating the Ultratide was not to change the way people surf, but rather give surfers more information and to deliver it in real time so you'll never not know.
The Ultratide will make sure you never miss an epic session again.
The Ultratide - unlike virtually every smart watch out there today - has no pesky cords required to sync or charge. Syncing with your smartphone via Bluetooth delivers the most accurate and up-to-date surf conditions directly to your wrist. This is not predicted information… this is real time with 10 live data points including creating custom surf alerts for the spots you want and the conditions you like. Browse the entire Surfline network of spots - over 2,700 and growing - and select your favorites. Set up custom alerts for each spot, and the Ultratide will make sure you never miss an epic session again.
"Surfline's promise is to help surfers across the world score better surf," stated Ross Garrett, Surfline GM. "Working with Nixon, a brand that has been committed to the needs of surfers in their products for over 16 years, expands the places and ways we can deliver on our promise."
- Powered By Surfline: The global leader in surf forecasting for over 30 years.
- The world's first surf forecast watch on your wrist.
- 10X More Locations: The Ultratide features more locations than any other watch with real-time access to Surfline's global network of over 2,700 locations and growing.
- One And Done: Use one touch setup to sync the watch to your phone. Easy companion app makes things simple and seamless.
- Custom Surf Alerts: Create custom surf alerts for your favorite spots, and your Ultratide will alert you when the surf is good (or just how you like it) at your selected spots. Never miss an epic session.
- 10X Data Points And Real-Time Reporting: Traditional tide watches have 1 point of data. The Ultratide gives you 10 data points updated in real-time via Surfline's feed.
- Share Your Session: Find, follow, share. Tell your 1,000 (or more if you've got ‘em) closest friends about your sessions with the Ultratide app.
- No Charging Required: Throw away those pesky cables, the coin cell battery requires no charging so you're ready for every session whether you planned on it or not. Ditch the gadget cord. The Ultratide is battery operated, it's as simple as that.
- Ultra Comfort: The silicone band is extra soft and flexible. Whale belly pattern on the back side of the band helps channel the water off your wrist.
- High Resolution Display: Super crisp digital display. Choose between a detailed or simple home screen view, and change the font between black and white.
- Strong: The solid stainless steel case and bezel means your Ultratide is rugged, tough and can withstand whatever Mother Nature throws at it.
- Patented Locking Looper: In a 400 year old industry Nixon was the first watchmaker to patent a locking looper to make sure your watch stays on your wrist and not at the bottom of the ocean.
- Auto-Geolocate: The Ultratide automatically locates the nearest surf spot to your current location.
This watch is different. It will not nag you or interrupt your life, except to deliver perhaps the most important notification of all: It tells you when your local surf spot is going off. - WIRED
The Ultratide will be available in 3 colors on 4/22/2015 (limited quantities).
Blue/Gunmetal exclusively at Surfline.com and Nixon.com.
Red/Gunmetal and All Black at these select retailers.
6 colors total on 5/15/2015.